Dear Phase 1 Students of Atılım Univ. Medical School
All medical students,
Medical residents in different branches
Allied health staff
General public and Media,
On 1st November 2023, we’ll be conducting a 2 hours face to face lecture for
Phase 1 Students of Atılım Univ. Medical School with the subject of
Family Planning and Public Health
Here are the 58 power point slides having a rich and up to date content.. (PDF 6,85 MB)
Please keep in mind that :
- Family planning is the ability of individuals and couples to decide freely and
responsibly the number, spacing and timing of their children and to have
the information and means to do so.
- Family planning promotes self-actualisation, empowerment, as well as health and well-being, and reduces maternal and infant deaths through the prevention of unintended pregnancy and unsafe abortion.
- Family planning services include providing access to a range of safe and
effective contraceptive methods, counselling and education, pre-conception care,
screening and treatment of STIs-SRDs,infertility services, safe abortion care and
- Family planning is a cost-effective public health intervention that can reduce maternal mortality by 25% and neonatal mortality by 15%.
- It can also reduce the transmission of HIV and other STIs, prevent adolescent pregnancies, improve women’s education and employment opportunities, and contribute to environmental sustainability.
With respect and love. 1st November 2023, Ankara
Prof. Dr. Ahmet SALTIK MD, BSc, LLM
Atılım Univ. Medical School, Dept. of Public Health
LLM in Health Law
BSc in Political Sciences & Public Administration
facebook.com/profsaltik twitter @profsaltik